In the spirit of Thanksgiving, it is only appropriate to give thanks. Though it’s hard to celebrate without the one person I wish I could celebrate it with, if these past few months have taught me anything, it is to be more grateful for the things that I have and have had.
So here are 20 things that I am thankful for:
1. Random encounters: Out of the millions of people in Toronto, I am thankful that I can bump into the last person I would ever expect… and that this same person can be the first person to make my day.
2. Random Acts of Kindness: When someone walks me home at night, pays for my coffee at Starbucks, or a stranger says hello- these random acts of kindness really make the world go round.
4. Things looking forward too: I’m thankful that I’m so young and always seem to have something look forward too.
6. Our last Spring Break: My last Reading Week was spent with the most amazing friends. I’m so thankful that we all followed through, it really was the trip of a lifetime.
7. Memories: I am thankful for all of the crazy, happy times we have had together, and all of the special memories that I now have because of those times.
8. My Travels: Travelling has opened my mind to trying new things and has allowed me to meet some of the most amazing people. I’m so fortunate to have travelled so much at such a young age.
9. Laughter: To all those people who can make me laugh- thank you. Laughter really is the best medicine.
10. Good Health: I am thankful for the healthy mind and healthy heart of myself and those around me.
11. That feeling: You know that feeling you get… when you are with someone who you know is special and just has such good energy. I am so thankful for that feeling.
12. My Friends: You have all touched me in so many ways, love you guys.
13. My Job: I get to wake up every morning knowing that I am working for a company that I am so passionate about beside some of the smartest, kindest people I’ve ever met. I am so lucky for that.
14. A boss I look up too: The cherry on top to a job I love is that I have a boss who listens and cares about what I have to say. I appreciate her and look up to her so much not only as a manager, but I also admire her so much because I know how good of a mother she is to her two girls.
15. My dogs: I’m thankful to have two adorable dogs, each with their own personality. I sometimes think they are the sanest, smartest members of the family. I would go crazy without them.
16. Strength: Everyday I get stronger and stronger… closer to being as strong as my mom …both mentally and physically.
17. My intuition: Everyday my judgment gets a little bit better and I am closer to being just like my dad. I hope to one day make him as proud as he has made me.
18. My Family: We have our highs and lows, but they really are my foundation and the reason I am who I am today.
19. The things Kyle left behind: I’m thankful for the things he left behind for everyone, almost like he was preparing us to not have him here. I know see why he loved Brittany and Ali so much and am so thankful to have them because in both of them, there is a bit of him. I’m thankful for these gifts and everything that I’ve learned from him. Because I know that I am better, because of him.
20. You: I’m thankful that you took the time to read this, because I imagine it means that you’re special to me and I am lucky to have you in my life.